Our team works collaboratively with stakeholders from medical, academic, and community based settings to explore new and better options for the prevention and management of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. Our goal is to find patient-centered solutions to improving the health and well being of communities impacted by HIV and other STIs.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, our team has rapidly mobilized to launch and participate in a variety of exciting clinical trials about the treatment and prevention of this new infectious disease. To read more about the importance of randomized controlled trials in the midst of a pandemic, click here.
Investigating new tools to end the epidemic
- Ontario PrEP Cohort Study - Actively recruiting
- Decentralizing PrEP Delivery
- Scaling Up PrEP in British Columbia and Ontario- (PRIMP) - Actively recruiting
- PrEP Discrete Choice Experiment
- OPT-IN - Actively Recruiting
- ORASURE - Study Complete
- vPrEP - Recruiting Soon
- Future of PrEP- Actively Recruiting
Describing clinical manifestations of MPX infection and determining the social and psychological impacts during outbreak in Canada
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Addressing common co-infections in people living with HIV
- HPV-SAVE - Reporting
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of oral doxycycline for the prevention of syphilis in HIV-positive men who have sex with men (DaDHS) - Actively Recruiting