Participating in Research
We are currently recruiting participants for a number of different research projects. Check out the following projects to learn more about them and whether you might be able to participate.
Students and Volunteers
We are fortunate to host and work with highly skilled students and volunteers who are training in fields like epidemiology, medicine, health sciences, and social sciences. Please see below for details about how to apply:
- University of Toronto MPH Practicum students: We accept applications through the Dalla Lana School of Public Health Practicum program. Please see this link for more information and application instructions.
- University of Toronto Medical Students: We accept applications through the CREMS program, subject to available projects and funding. Please see the link below for more information and follow the instructions at that site.
- Other Summer Students: We accept applications through the St. Michael’s Hospital KRSS program. Please see the link below for more information about the KRSS program. Applicants should follow the instructions for applying as a KRSS student, in addition to contacting us through this form.
- Indigenous Undergrad Students: We accept applications through the IndigiNerds Program (formerly known as the Indigenous Undergraduate Summer Research Scholars program). This is an 8 week intensive research training program. To learn more click here. Dr. Tan is connected with this program through his affiliation with FEAST.
- Part-time volunteers: If you are interested in volunteering as our lab to gather more experience working in a research environment, please email@example.com
Our team will follow up to let you know about current opportunities. Please note if you are looking for a summer student position that we typically begin receiving applications in January and February and interview candidates in the early spring.
We accept applications through the CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network PDF Program, and on an ad hoc basis subject to available funding. Please see this link for more information about the CTN PDF program, in addition to contacting us through this form.
We are frequently looking for bright, enthusiastic, skilled staff to join our team. To view current postings with our lab, click on this link to go to the Career webpage of Unity Health Toronto; then select "Site - St. Michael's Hospital", select "Job Category - Research" and type "Infectious Diseases" in the Keyword field.
Our team is often asked for comment on emerging HIV prevention options including PrEP and PEP, as well as the latest in HIV management options. If you would like to speak with a member of our team about our research or HIV & STI prevention and management in general, follow this link and complete our media enquiry form. Your request will be sent to our team and St. Michael’s Hospital Communications. We will follow up on your request as soon as possible.